When should I use a licensed contractor?

Never use an unlicensed contractor. If you have damage or a fire caused by electrical work, most homeowner's insurance will only pay for the damage if the work was done by a licensed contractor. The homeowner assumes all responsibility for work done by an unlicensed contractor.

Do you give free estimates?

Estimates are always free! For most jobs, an estimator comes to the job site to gather the information needed to provide a quote. To get started, complete our online form. Then we'll give you a call to provide the estimate (if possible) or make arrangements to visit the site.

Are you insured?

Marel Electric carries liability insurance in addition to the bonding required of all licensed contractors.

What areas do you cover?

Marel Electric covers all of Suffolk and Nassau Counties.

How much do you charge for travel time?

Marel Electric never charges for travel time.

What is your minimum charge?

Marel Electric charges for a minimum of 2 hours per service call.

What forms of payment do you accept?

First-time customers requiring service work must pay 100% upon completion of the job by check or in cash. For contract jobs, payment is due in phases, subject to specific terms agreed to in the contract. Marel Electric accepts cash, check, and all major credit cards (payable through PAYPAL)

What makes Marel Electric different from other contractors?

Our service! We do what we say we will. We arrive on-time. We get your work done on schedule. We are sensitive to your needs while we're working. We clean up when we're done. Really.